Mission & Goals
Our mission is to strengthen the viability of the livestock industry in Southern New England through the creation of a state-of-the-art, USDA-inspected slaughterhouse, processing facility, and retail store in Westport, MA. We believe that building a small, flexible facility incorporating the highest animal welfare standards, the most recent technical advances, and the best food safety practices will change the landscape of local meat production in Southern New England.
1. Enable meat producers in Southern New England to market their products more easily and profitably.
2. Strengthen the broader agricultural sector through increased economic stimulus from meat producers and their suppliers.
3. Make sustainably raised and humanely slaughtered meat more accessible to the local community.
4. Develop the educational opportunities directly surrounding this endeavor.
1. Create a state of the art, certified humane, USDA-inspected slaughterhouse and meat processing facility as an essential piece of the infrastructure for livestock producers.
2. Increase food availability and security in southern New England by improving access to essential goods and services via the internet and a store at the facility.
3. Enable a stronger meat producer economy through a web based directory which will help to facilitate the breeding, raising, and sale of meat products.
4. Work with local educational institutions to build curricula involved with livestock processing, value-added products, and marketing or these products.